Most of the time, when we hear the word “psychic”, we immediately think of crystal balls, Ouija boards, and tarot cards. But there’s more to it than what Hollywood has made us believe.
A psychic uses the four main avenues of intuition, which are clairaudience, clairvoyance, clairsentience, and claircognizance to gather information for a client during a psychic reading.
The major distinguishing factor between a psychic and a clairvoyant is that a clairvoyant may not be able to tell the future but can see what is presently happening in a person’s life, the people around them, and the places they have been. A psychic, on the other hand, can see into the human soul as well as past occurrences, present happenings, and future events.
The terms “Clairvoyant” and “psychic” are sometimes mixed up, but clairvoyance is actually one of the four “Clairs” a psychic uses.
Every clairvoyant has psychic abilities, but not all psychics have the skills of a clairvoyant.
Clairvoyants are clear-seeing and usually see time and space and can describe what they see in detail. Clairvoyance is a paranormal gift that is common in psychics, and they are known to perceive images in an extrasensory way, which means they see visions. Images seen by them are usually about the past and present. You can ask a clairvoyant some questions about your family, money, work, and even love life.
Psychics mostly have different abilities, and clairvoyance is an excellent example. They are sensitive to psychic influences, and any non-physical energy around them. In addition to this, psychics can use different aids in their readings, such as angel cards, tarot cards, or a shuttle. However, one gift isn’t greater than the other.
Psychics are people who claim to use extrasensory perception to receive information hidden from the normal senses, especially involving clairvoyance or telepathy. They are also people who are influenced by nonphysical or supernatural nature and perform unexplainable acts, such as apportation or psychokinesis.
A psychic and a medium do different things but they are mostly thought to mean the same thing. A psychic can foretell your future by reading your aura, but mediums can contact a spiritual presence, talk to dead people, and deliver messages from people on the other side.
A psychic medium or spiritual medium is someone who can tune into the spirit energy surrounding a person. They specialize in noting mental phenomena and carrying out mediumship reading.
They also deliver messages to the dead and communicate important messages from dead loved ones, describing and giving evidence to you. Mediums partake in different types of services, including healing, which is carried out by their heaven healing abilities.
Clairvoyance is a French word that stands for clear seeing. It is the extraordinary and supernatural ability to gain insights into things not known to any other person. However, some spiritualists opine that clairvoyants may also be able to see or hear spirits of dead people that still dwell among the living.
Clairvoyants may not be able to see conspicuous images telling the exact scenario or sequence of things. This is because these events appear to them in a rather metaphoric way. A good example might be a vision of a person walking up a ladder or staircase. A clairvoyant, seeing this vision would be able to tell that there is a promotion coming to him.
Another good example would be in a vision where the clairvoyant might see a box of toys in a barren person’s home. They would be able to tell them to keep their hopes up as a child would very soon visit their home.
All these are a few notable examples of how a clairvoyant sees the present happenings. These visions will vary significantly with different people.
You are certainly a clairvoyant if;
- You See Images and Visions: You have clairvoyant abilities if you constantly see symbols in your mind’s eye, flashes of images, colors, and even moving pictures.
- You Find It Easy To Visualize: Clairvoyance is basically about images and visions, so if you can visualize, then clear-seeing is one of your psychic gifts.
- You Have A Good Sense Of Direction: Having a great sense of direction is a sign that you’re clairvoyant.
- You Have Seen Auras: Seeing a person’s aura (a glowing light around a person) is a big sign that you’re clairvoyant and you can easily see other people’s energy.
- You Saw Spirits Or Angels As A Child: If you had imaginary friends, or saw angels or other spiritual phenomena as a child, there is a high chance you’re a supernatural ability. All you need to do is learn how to reconnect with this ability.
- Be Willing To Tap Into Your Psychic Skills
The first setback in tapping into your psychic skills is fear. People get scared of the natural abilities they possess, even when they aren’t scary. To develop your psychic skills, you need to be ready to tap into your otherworldly abilities.
- Practice Reading People’s Energy
Getting a bad feeling about someone for no reason at all is a strong indication that your psychic antenna is up. To practice, you should try tapping into the energy of people around you and later striking up a conversation with them to know if you were correct or not.
- Predict How A Place Will Look
You can choose to practice your clairvoyance on a place you have never visited before and then draw whatever comes up. Later, go to the place and compare your drawing to what it looks like.
- Seek Support From Your Spirit Guide
Spirit guides are soul mentors we can call upon for help. A great way to connect with your spirit guide is by asking for specific psychic phenomena when you are confused as to what option to pick.
- You will be asked personal questions: This is so that a psychic might connect to you.
- Your first visit might not give you all the answers: You might likely be nervous on your first visit, and this might send different vibes to the psychic, making it hard for them to give you an accurate reading.
- You are allowed to seek clarification: If you are confused about anything, your psychic is more than willing to clarify anything you don’t understand in the reading.
- It’s okay to not feel connected to your first psychic: Sometimes you might not develop a connection with the first person you visit. This is completely okay and shouldn’t stop your search for another one.
- You can ask direct questions: It is very helpful when both you and your psychic can ask direct questions, as this will help them know what to focus on.
People with clairvoyance and psychic abilities are most often mistaken for one another. However, this article has successfully clarified the misconception between the two of them. Also, before you choose to visit a clairvoyant or a psychic for your readings, you need to watch out and be sure they are genuine before you accept their services.